We love offering mini sessions because they are affordable and it’s a super fun day to meet lots of new faces and that momentum just carries into the next session. Our first mini session day for our new business was on January 24th at Dowdell Knob at FDR State Park near Shiloh Georgia.
You can see the set up for our mini session below:
I mean seriously! Look at this VIEW! It’s so incredible. If you have not been to Dowdell knob -you are missing out! I may be a little biased – but I think this is the best view in FDR State Park.
You can easily drive up right to the best viewing spot so if hiking is not your gig- and you just want to skip straight to the good stuff – then this is definitely a go to place.
Being a state park there is a $5 parking fee – which is definitely a must because that’s how they pay to keep up the park so please make sure to pay and get your parking tag.
Its perfect for:
- Romantic Picnics – there are plenty of places to sit on a blanket and enjoy the view
- Couples, Maternity, or Family Photos – again because of that VIEW (it is pretty windy most days so keep that in mind)
- Hiking – there are trails all over FDR State park that lead to and away from Dowdell Knob
- An afternoon getaway – its only about 45 minutes from Columbus GA
- A place to take the kids – there is a playground and lots of picnic tables for lunch or a snack break
It’s a little tricky to find – but if you follow this google link it should take you right there!
These are some of the hundreds of photos taken from our Mini Session at Dowdell Knob!
Also be on the lookout for some AMAZING mini sessions coming up in the next few months. I have been working with some Vendors to put together some unbelievable opportunities you will not want to miss!
Cirrus Gold is a Wedding Photography business based in Columbus Georgia and Phenix City Alabama area. We also do couples, engagements, business branding, and some family portraits. We are about to launch an entire drone video service so stay tuned for more information!